Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tomorrow is Christmas. It's practically here!

Holy cow, where has this month gone? Luckily this week has been nice and calm thus far. Last week was another story. I had a lot going on and both girls were fussier than normal. Ada had one of her worst tantrums ever at book club. I swear, those girls probably think she's a monster! Kate was fussy too and I even took her to the doctor, but they could find nothing wrong. Last night she threw up all over herself in bed, but she's been pretty good today. I'm glad most of the crazy stuff happened last week because it's been nice to enjoy the anticipation of Christmas. I feel like a kid again because I'm so excited.

One thing I did enjoy amidst the madness last week was baking. I made mint brownies, sugar cookies, and Swedish ginger cookies. Delish! I love baking (and eating the results). I've decided that my weak point in baking is presentation. I'm not the best at shaping dough or frosting things, but the taste should hopefully make up for it.

And now, a few funny things said by Ada lately:

*"Does Elmo match red crayons?"
*"Sophie's two just like me. She's awfully cute."
*I was trying to get her to sit down in her carseat so we could leave somewhere, and I told her to sit down before we froze our little bummies off. She replied, "Yours isn't little, yours is big."
*We have a Christmas book and CD with stories and songs. She's been listening to the CD lately as she falls asleep, and yesterday I was reading the book to her. There was a story about the birth of Christ. I was reading the part about the shepherds, and before I could turn the next page she said,"'Don't be frightened,' said the angel. 'I have wonderful news for you, and for all people. Tonight the son of God, who is Christ the Lord, was born in a stable in Bethlehem.'" I turned the page and those EXACT words were right there. How does she remember this stuff?

I can't wait to spend Christmas morning at my own house with my family. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Alysia said...

So funny! She comes up with some good ones.

Christine said...

Hi Allison. I just found your blog. I hear you on the bum comment. My kids have said that to me too. I think it was Abby who called Ryan's a super bum. We got a chuckle over that. we miss you. thanks for the Christmas letter.

Kim said...

What a cute girl! I love her comments about Sophie...what a little adult. :)