Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

Disclaimer: this recipe does NOT contain cream of chicken soup.

My friend Vanessa told me about this recipe. Neither of us has it written down, so I'll do my best to portray it here.

2 frozen chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes (with the juice)
1 can beans, rinsed and drained (I prefer black)
corn (I add a few handfuls of frozen corn, but you could also add a can)
1 can (soup can-sized) green enchilada sauce
10 medium-sized tortillas

Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker and cover with taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, beans, and corn and cook for 6-8 hours. When done, shred chicken and add 1/2 can of enchilada sauce. Roll into tortillas and place in greased 9x13 pan. Pour rest of enchilada sauce on top and cover with grated cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 mintues.

I think they're good on their own, but you can add sour cream, salsa, guac, or whatever.

3 comments:

Shiree said...

Looks great! I have been looking for an enchilada recipe that doesn't use cream soup.

Michelle S. said...

I am TOTALLY going to try this! I would try it tomorrow, but alas, it is Father's Day and the menu has already been planned!

Monday is looking good, though!

Thanks for the recipe!

Joey and Nettifer said...

thank you for all the recipes! Keep them coming!