Thursday, June 3, 2010

Soft breadsticks

This is a really fast, easy recipe if you want a little something extra to go with dinner. There is no yeast, so you can whip them up in no time! Tyler loves these.

2 1/2 c flour
4 t sugar
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 1/3 c milk
6 T melted butter

In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently 3 to 4 times. Roll into a rectangle. Cut into 24 breadsticks. Place butter in 2 9x13 pans. Put breadsticks in butter and turn to coat. Sprinkle with desired toppings (I like garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese). Bake at 450 for 14-18 minutes.

I usually half this recipe.

3 comments:

vstew said...

Sounds delicious!

Joey and Nettifer said...

ok I am trying to gather tons of healthy recipes thanks for sharing these

Shiree said...

Ooh, I will have to try these. I usually end up making baking powder biscuits when I'm in a hurry. This will add something new!