Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthdays

I've been meaning to make this post for MONTHS. So, we all have summer birthdays (except, now, Lyla) and I thought I'd put them all into one big post.

It was a big year for us. It started off with me turning the big 3-0 in June. I actually had a hard time with this! The night before was especially difficult. Well, Tyler decided to plan a surprise party with our families a few days before. I thought I was going to the temple with the Primary presidency. Margo picked me up and on the way, asked me to run into Lorena's to pick up a quesadilla for her because she didn't have time to eat dinner. She gave me money, I ran in, and the lady lead me to the back. I thought that was strange, but suddenly there was a loud 'SURPRISE' and there were all these people I knew staring at me! It was the weirdest feeling! Tyler (and Margo) did a great job. We ate, I opened presents (including a Kindle from Tyler), and Tyler whipped out some cupcakes from Mini's. My favorite! It was a pleasant evening.



The next night we went to dinner with just our little family, and the day after that was my actual birthday. We ate breakfast at Kneaders, went bowling, and went to a family reunion for the Squire family, where we swam and ate pizza. On the way home, we stopped for some Red Mango. Then, to top it all off, Tyler made a delicious (and beautiful) chocolate cake for Sunday dinner the next night. Everything turned out great!

Now, to the girls. Their birthdays are both in July. We decided that they can't have a friend party every year, so we planned a combined family party for them. My grandpa happened to pass away on Kate's birthday, so all my family members were in town and able to join us for the festivities. All the kids went to Kangaroo Zoo and then everyone came to our house for pizza and treats. We decided on a Candy Land theme. I really only had a table full of candy for everyone, but everything else was colorful, from the tablecloths and plates to the rainbow cupcakes and ice cream cones. It was really windy, but fun to have everyone there.






















Tyler turned 30 in August. He didn't want a big deal made out of his birthday, especially since I had a small surprise party for him at The Pizza Factory the year before. I made his traditional carrot cake, we ate at Texas Roadhouse with his parents, and he opened gifts. Pretty low key, but fun nonetheless.


Since our anniversary is also in July, our summers are always full of celebrations! Can't wait for this summer!

1 comment:

Liz said...

So fun! Happy birthday I'm glad it was so good