Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Frightful

I'm officially SICK of the snow. I do prefer snow on the ground when the temperatures are so cold, and a fresh blanket of snow is much prettier than ugly, brown crap everywhere, but ENOUGH ALREADY! We've had so many bad snowstorms this year. I'm lucky that I don't have to drive to work every day, but lately the storms have fallen on the mornings I have to go somewhere. The weather people have projected lots of major storms this season that "will mess up the morning commute", but the roads haven't seemed too bad overall. Then last night they projected a weak storm that "may affect the commute", and the roads were awful! I saw lots of cars off the road, and heard about tons of accidents on the radio.

I had to be at a doctor's appointment in Murray at 9:30 this morning and Tyler warned me that that the roads were bad, so I left 15 minutes early. Well, I've never seen Sunnyside Ave. so bad in my life! Cars traveling eastbound were backed up for several blocks. Luckily I had to go west, but the roads were still treacherous. Now, I've been known to drive like a grandma now and again in a snowstorm, but does the lady in front of me really have to go 10 mph, especially after turning onto a newly-plowed 1300 E? Anyway, the rest of the commute was slow but not too bad and I was 10 minutes late to my appointment. Luckily my mom lives close to the hospital, so I hung out at her place for a while, and the roads were completely clear on the drive home.

Yesterday was nice and sunny, and even though it was cold I walked several blocks to go vote. It felt so nice and was the first walk I've taken in ages. I can't wait to commence with my daily walks. 40s this week actually sound delightful...

2 comments:

Shanny said...

This is where it pays off to have friends in St George. Have you guys decided if you're coming down for President's Day weekend?

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I remember getting sick of the snow when I lived there... but now I miss it! I just want one or two snow storms a year where everything shuts down. And then it can go away! We did get a snow storm here this year... we got an inch or two and EVERYTHING shut down! People were buying all the bread and milk! It was really funny! All for a little snow! Hopefully you will have a great spring and summer to make up for such a cold winter!