Thursday, January 31, 2008

With Child!


I haven't posted anything about my pregnancy for a long time. This is a picture of me 15 1/2 weeks along (I'm now 17 weeks). My belly is growing quickly! I've already started putting an elastic through the button holes in some of my pants to give me a little more room in the waist. I'm finally starting to feel pregnant--especially since I felt the baby move for the first time a few days ago!

This pregnancy has had lots of similarities with my first, but there are some differences.

Similarities:
-My nose is ALWAYS stuffed up. No matter how many times I blow it, it feels like there are dried boogers around the edges that I simply can't get rid of. It's often bloody when I blow it.
-I have to pee ALL the time. I think I have the smallest bladder in the world anyway, and pregnancy only makes it worse.
-I get a lot of headaches. They've been a lot worse recently, but I realized that it's because I started taking prescription prenatal vitamins. I went back to my old ones and things haven't been bad at all.
-I'm always hungry. I really have no self-control when it comes to sweets (but this happens preggo or not), so I need to work on that. Last time I gained around 50 pounds, so I'm aiming for a lower number this time, especially since my doctor warned me that I should try and watch my weight. I've never been told that in my life!

Differences:
-With Ada I got a little nauseous at the beginning and even threw up several times, but this time I haven't been sick AT ALL. I'm a very lucky girl!
-Lately I've been feeling very tired. I didn't have a problem with that with Ada, but now I struggle to get up every morning and I've started napping almost daily.
-I haven't really had any cravings this time. Last time I would hear about a food that sounded good and I couldn't get it out of my head until I ate it. I have a pretty normal appetite now.
-This only has to do with my mindset, but I always forget that I'm having a baby. Ada occupies me so much that I don't think about it too often. But that will soon change with a big belly and kicking child!

Because of these differences, everyone says that I'm going to have a boy. We find out on Feb. 12, so we'll have to see! I'm not going to even attempt to guess because I was wrong with Ada. I'll be happy with either a boy or a girl. I do want Ada to have a sister, but maybe this isn't the time. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Becky said...

You look great! I think I had to start wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks (with my second.) Both of my pregnancies were very different, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be different sexes. Let us know what you're having!

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of the same symptoms that you are having--I ALWAYS had a stuffy nose, I was constantly running to the bathroom, and I was always hungry. I was tired for the whole first trimester, but that went away. During the second trimester I didn't even feel pregnant, except that I was getting fatter. I'm surprised that you can already feel the baby--I don't think I felt Sally until about 20 weeks, and even then I wasn't quite sure if I was really feeling her or my food being digested. I'm so excited to find out what you're having! We'll have to go to Park City and shop for baby clothes when I visit.

Jenn said...

You've "already" started putting an elastic through your button-hole? With Henry I was doing that at 8 weeks! I also don't understand why my rear end got so much bigger during pregnancy -- maybe that was part of it. Well, I guess pregnancy does different things to all of us! It's so crazy. You look great!

tysqui said...

Your new layout looks great!

Rachelle said...

You have a very cute little belly. I love your new background!!

Shannon said...

I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. I hope you have a boy! I just started feeling the baby kick and I'm in my 23rd week. It's weird how different women have different pregnancies. Can't wait!