Monday, February 25, 2008

Strange Occurrences, and Sisters!

Something happened last week for the first time this pregnancy: I threw up! (I did catch the stomach flu early on and puked 11 times in one night, but that wasn't preggo related.) At first I thought I must have caught a bug, because 20 weeks seems like a strange time to start hurling. It was getting late for lunch, but I'd been cleaning up the place and making cookies. I even ate a cookie, but then felt really dizzy. I decided I needed to have lunch fast, so I poured a bowl of cereal, took one bite, and realized I'd waited too long. I ran to the bathroom and did the aforementioned. But I soon knew I wasn't really sick because I was hungry and really wanted another cookie. Normally after puking I wouldn't want one ever again! I waited a while and then ate some Saltines and sipped pop. But I started chowing the crackers because they tasted so good. I took a long nap, and besides feeling a little weak, I was back to normal. I guess it was an anomaly. I must have been on my feet for too long without eating.

Besides that little incident, this pregnancy has been going really well. I've felt great and the baby seems to be healthy and growing. I felt her move for the first time around 16 1/2 weeks, and for the last few weeks I've been feeling her every day (and Tyler has felt her too!). It's such a weird feeling.

Ada still doesn't quite get what's going on, but she is only 19 months old. I was torn when I was thinking about having another baby because I wasn't sure if I was ready, but I wanted Ada to have a sibling close to her in age. They'll be almost exactly two years apart (my due date is now July 11). I do want a boy eventually, but I'm really glad this one is a girl. I'll never have to worry about Ada not having a sister. I'm glad they'll be able to go to a year of high school together and hopefully they'll be close. My sister Emily is less than two years younger than me, and we were the best of friends growing up (even though I wasn't always nice). Now I'm the best of friends with all my sisters. I hardly ever get to see them though. There must be something about the Midwest that I'm missing out on, because Angie is a lawyer in Chicago, Emily lives in Kansas City while her hubby's in med school, and Abby is on a mission in Cleveland. I really miss them, but we do a pretty good job of keeping in touch. I can't imagine life without sisters! They're just the best (and so are brothers, Dude!).

3 comments:

Angie said...

Cute post! Sisters are the best! And the Midwest is where it's at (OK, I wouldn't live anywhere but Chicago in the Midwest, but Chicago is pretty cool.) Hopefully Ada will love her sister and will get a brother too.

P.s. You're the only person I know who would crave a cookie immediately after puking. Except for maybe Hy.

Rachelle said...

You are so cute Al. That is so crazy about throwing up at twenty weeks. Hopefully it was just a one time fluke thing.

Tiff-E said...

Alison, you should talk to Julie, she had the same thing happen to her...and I have almost fainted twice now...strange happening for me too! I just hate eating every hour on the hour to satisfy this little parasite! he he he :)