Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Double Whammy

Yesterday I had to take both girls to the doctor; Ada for her two year check-up and Kate for her two week. I was really nervous to go somewhere with both of them, so I had my mom meet me. Good thing, because Ada can be a handful sometimes! She was really good at the appointment but had a fit afterwards because she wanted to stay and see the fish. But everything looked good for her. She weighs 23.6 pounds (12th percentile) and is 33.5 inches tall (49th percentile). Kate looked good as well. She weighs 7 pounds 15 ounces! The doctor said they want the babies back to their birth weights by two weeks, but she has surpassed that by more than a pound! And here I was, worried that she wasn't eating well enough. I've been pushing her to eating every 2.5-3 hours, and she seems fine. After the check-up I had to take her downstairs for her PKU test. Not fun. They had to prick her heel and squeeze blood out to fill all these circles on a paper. She was so good though. She just gave out one cry when she was pricked, but that was it. She's a good baby. I've had a few rough nights with her, but nothing too bad. She still has good nights. There were a few days last week when she was really fussy, so I've officially gone off chocolate. That is really tough for me because chocolate is my favorite, but it's better than trying to calm a screaming baby all day. Ada has been a lot better too. She still has her moments, but she's pretty much back to normal now. I'm so glad! She's still a sweetie to her sister. I have the cutest little girls!

4 comments:

Shiree said...

Good move on inviting your mom. One time I tried to do a double doctor's appt. Cory asked if I needed help, but I said I'd be okay (he was at his internship at Primary Children's). Luckily, things were really boring at the internship and he joined us at the appt. at University Hospital, because we had a major meltdown (well, Alex) just a minute after he got there!

Vivian said...

That stinks about no chocolate. Xander didn't like me to have dairy. No ice cream for 10 months! What a bummer that was!! I feel your pain.

Audrey said...

How brave of you to schedule a double appointment. Twice the stress, and twice the potential for disaster!

Too bad about the chocolate! I, too, LOVE chocolate.

Let me know if you need anything. I'm just around the corner, and I'd love to help!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness...Boston matched Ada's weight, but at his 1-year check-up! That is too funny! I'm glad it went well. Smart taking your mom! I get nervous with just one and several times I've asked Brett's mom to come with me! Bummer about the chocolate!!!