Thursday, July 17, 2008

One Week


Our little Kate has been here for a week now, and an interesting week it's been. Kate is a very good baby so far. She's only had one bad day, which was Monday. She wanted to be held all day and didn't seem to sleep too much. That night she and Ada were both out of control and Tyler and I didn't know what to do. All four of us were crying. She's been better since then, but poor little Ada is having a hard time. Tyler has had to work every day, but luckily his family members have been so great and taken Ada most days this week, plus brought us dinner. I don't know what I'd do without them. My mom had surgery this week, so she'll be out of commission for a while. Ada is super sweet to Kate, but she has several meltdowns every day. It makes us so sad. Hopefully she'll get back to normal soon. She loves to hold Baby Kate, and every time she does she giggles and gives her kisses. It's so cute! Ada has been my biggest struggle so far. I feel so bad for her. But so far Kate sleeps well (especially at night) and doesn't cry too much. I hope things don't get bad soon because we remember that our first week with Ada was the easiest.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time with Ada. It will get better in time, though. I'm surprised that your first week with Ada was so good. For me, I dread the first few weeks. I get the baby blues and I never want to be alone. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the newborn stage. I love them, but it's so much easier for me when they hit 9 months or so. Luckily, Josh's favorite time is the newborn stage, so we balance out. Sorry to ramble! We are thinking of you and congrats again! Your girls are so cute.

Tiff-E said...

So I'm glad to hear that other toddlers are having a hard time... poor Kaylie gets told "no" more times in a day than I can count, and most of the time it's just because she loves little Josh too much...smothering much... Congrats on your new little Kate...cute girl and cute name!

Shiree said...

I think that toddlers can just sense the tension while everyone is adjusting. Alex was pretty high strung for a while, but now they are best buds! It'll happen! She's darling! I wish you were still closer because then I could take Ada for a while.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

She is soooo cute! I'm trying to figure out who she looks like! I'm glad she's sleeping good for you!
Sleep makes all the difference in the world! I hope Ada get better for you! I know Hailey is in a stage of throwing the biggest and loudest fits over everything! But she would love to hold baby Kate! Did you know Hailey's middle name is Kate?