Sunday, July 6, 2008

The house

Well, we finally got internet here at the house yesterday, so I can finally post about the move and everything. The move went really well (thanks to everyone who helped!). We're still unpacking boxes and trying to organize things, but we're making progress. I had a lot going on last week where I had to leave the house, so I haven't done as much as I would have liked, but we're getting there. The baby is due this week, so hopefully we'll get a lot done before her arrival! We went to our new ward today and it seems like we'll like it. Ada was very good in Sacrament Meeting and was so excited to go to nursery. She talks about it every time we drive past the church.

If you haven't read Tyler's blog recently, we got Ada a twin bed and she's been sleeping in a for over a week. She's done so well going to bed at night and there have been no problems, but nap time is a different story. She won't stay in her bed during the day and tries to escape every time I leave her in there (she can open doors now). I've had to hold the doorknob so she can't get out, so we finally bought a cover to put on the knob so she can't open it. But every day after she gives up on the door, she plays for a while and then falls asleep on the floor. So she doesn't nap in her bed, but at least she's sleeping. Here are a few pictures of her napping:




Ada is so cute and funny. She seemed to have a difficult time with the move at first, but she seems happy in her new house and new room. Her favorite place is our walk-in closet. She loves to go in there and wear all my shoes. I always find them scattered around the house. So far I love being a homeowner! I love my washer and dryer, my dishwasher, and especially my new king bed! I've been sleeping great in it. We're so lucky and blessed to have all that we do right now. More good times will soon follow.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the picture where Ada fell asleep with her sunglasses on. So cute!! Good luck this week with the baby. You better let us know as soon as anything happens. :o)

Morgan said...

THe closet picture is the best. She is so cute!!! And getting so big :) I am glad you enjoy the new house!!! I miss you guys lots :)

Bruce and Mitzi said...

That is hilarious. I love all the funny napping pics, but I agree with Rachelle, the sunglasses are classic! I'm glad you're loving your new house, and good luck this week!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I love all of the pics of her sleeping! Adorable! Hopefully she keeps it up! Hailey and Brad both wear my shoes all around the house! Forget toys... just buy yourself some new shoes! I'm happy you are liking your house! I can't wait to hear about your new baby!

Na said...

How exciting! A washer and a dryer! Not to mention a dishwasher! Wow. You must be living the high life! Haha... and the pictures of Ada. They are so funny.