Friday, November 14, 2008

November spawned a monster

I am having difficulties controlling my child (betcha can't guess which one). Today has been a particularly hard day. Ada gets mad at the littlest things, like my inability to "fix" a banana after I've already peeled it, or me saying that we're done playing catch and it's time to eat lunch. As a result, she's thrown things off the desk, climbed on the counter and spilled my water (on my phone, no less), scattered her crayons all over the floor, and thrown her alphabet magnets off the fridge. I've been sick the last few days, so I don't have the energy to put up with her shenanigans. I've done what I can to make her happy without giving in to her ridiculous requests (we even made a stinkin' turkey from a cut-out of her hand), but she's been left to scream-it-out downstairs in the pack 'n play more than once today. It's a good thing it's the weekend.

Unrelated, does anyone like my new playlist? I added it not because it seems everyone has one, but because I think that the type of music you listen to says a lot about you. If anyone is still trying to figure out what type of person I am, maybe this will shed some light. These songs helped calm me down today. And I put the list at the top so that everyone will be forced to listen (at least momentarily).

7 comments:

Clark said...

1) If you hadn't mentioned it in text, I wouldn't have know you had music, as I don't physically visit peoples blogs much.

2) I can't view the playlist easily, as I can only see what I assume is the left half of the music player. I'm guessing there is a scroll bar on the right edge to move up and down through the songs which I can't see because of the narrow width of the side bar.

3) If I look up someone's blog at work during lunch or something, I keep my sound turned off just in case they have music and I don't want to suddenly start blaring who-knows-what song to my co-workers.

4) If I'm at home on the computer, I'm usually listening to my own music. Visiting a blog with extra music just means I get them both which never sounds good. (Also, ESPN.com, I'm annoyed at you because you have videos that play automatically on web pages. NBC.com, consider yourself warned, too.) Multimedia should be seen, not heard, unless I actually ask it to be heard.

5) As for the actual play list (now that I've looked) I'm not sure that I am familiar with a single one of the songs. Perhaps upon listening I'd recognize some. So what does this say to me about you? Apparently you are a mysterious person.

tysqui said...

Hmmm. I find myself very curious as to how Clark has been physically visiting your blog.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Rachelle said...

I like your taste in music. I love Radiohead. I havent heard of the others but those are good songs. Hopefully the next few days are better with Ada.

Sabrina said...

Ada has quite the personality, doesn't she? I bet it's rough. Good luck getting through the toddler years. I know Adie has just begun. I am nervous.

I don't think I need to tell you what I think of your music. You have (almost) impeccable taste in music ;)

Kim said...

So, I just read all of your blogs, and have lots of comments. First, love the booty shot of the giraffe...dang cute! Second, absolutely LOVE the curtains! Third, I can't believe Kate is already four months old!!! Time flies! Fourth, Tyler's comment totally cracks me up! You guys are funny! Last but not least, I too am eternally grateful for aquarium's in children's doctors offices. What would we do without them?!!

Shiree said...

Alex gets mad about bananas, too. Broken graham crackers are horrible, as well. When I snitch a piece of what he's eating he flips out and screams for me to give it back even when I've already chewed and swallowed. I guess I should ask permission, huh? Toddlers are crazy.

alisquire said...

That is hilarious! Ada is EXACTLY the same way. Tyler has had to give back many a chewed-up morsel.