Friday, April 3, 2009

Comin' out of the closet

I've decided it's time to publicly make a confession: I love American Idol. As you may know, I'm somewhat of a music snob, so I didn't care much for the show at first. Tyler really got into it not long after we got married and I slowly came around with him. I've been a closet fan for several years now. Until now. It doesn't fit with my music tastes, but I'm addicted. I can't miss a show. I anticipate it every week and get excited when it comes on. Sure there are lots of things that bug me about it, but overall it's one of my favorite shows. That says a lot because it's pretty much the only show I watch these days.

Ada was so cute when we watched this week's performances. When they announced Danny's performance, we told her it was Danny Gokey. When he started singing, she said, "That's you, Daddy. Daddy Gokey!" She did the same thing for me when Allison Iraheta came on. Tyler paused the show for a minute and she said, "Daddy, turn back American Idol!" Then when Scott started performing, she ran downstairs and started playing the piano. When I went down to watch, she stopped, pulled out her pretend mic, and started singing and dancing. It was so cute.

This year I don't really hate any of the contestants (it's a good thing Tatiana didn't make it). I predict that Adam, Danny, and Kris will be the final three. I think Adam will win it all. I really like him, although this week's performance wasn't my fave. I loved his Ring of Fire performance. He's amazing! Now that my secret is revealed, I may throw in some Idol commentary here and there. You're forewarned.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

So funny. I've been addicted for years, but haven't watched it regularly this season, on purpose. The first part of the season I felt like it was the only thing I was looking forward to. I decided it was unhealthy, so now I just watch it if there isn't anything else going on in my life. I do think you are right about the final 3. I think Danny will win in the end though. I think he's just got too much of story. Adam is good, but almost a little too nine inch nails for me, which Randy said he reminded him of. I kind of felt that way too. Cool, but a little too creepy sometimes. He's totally talented though.

JTENMAN said...

I'm glad I don't know any of those names and won't understand any of your Idol blabber :). I do know who David Archuletta is though. Went to the best high school in Utah!!

Shiree said...

I love American Idol, too. I was the same about thinking I was too cool for it. I didn't start watching it until two years ago. Now I love it. I will welcome AI commentary. :)