Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random

-I forgot to mention some things in some previous posts. About Ada: during the fiasco where I locked my keys in the car, I was frantically searching through my purse and she said very hopefully, "Maybe a Mouseketool can help us!" About Kate: She LOVES babies, real and fake. If I show her a doll, she gets so excited and immediately grabs it and hugs it. She hugs a doll when she goes to sleep. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

-We bought a new TV last week. I'm still not sure what to think about it. It's huge. We don't really need it. I'm still getting used to it. But we had money saved up for one and got a good deal. We'll just have to have lots of parties at our house so we can get our money's worth.

-I wish I was a neat freak. I'm working on it. You know you struggle with cleaning when your husband comes home to a clean house and says, "Whoa! Is someone coming over?" I've never been the cleanest person, although I don't like living in clutter. It doesn't help that I've been exhausted for the last 9 months. Kate has been sleeping better lately, so hopefully I can step up my game.

-Ada is totally a Daddy's Girl. When he's home, he has to do EVERYTHING for her. She won't let me do anything. A few weeks ago at church I went to pick her up from nursery and as soon as she saw me she threw a huge tantrum and said she wanted Daddy. I had to leave and let Tyler come get her. She always says that she doesn't like Mommy. At random times during the day, she'll say, "I just like Daddy and Kate." But today after saying that, she did add, "I love Mommy too!" I haven't been taking her so-called dislike for me seriously, but I was very happy to hear that.

-Kate is tiny. Ada was by no means big at 9 months, and she weighed almost two pounds more than Kate does! Kate, however, is longer/taller. Crazy.

-I suppose that since the cat's out of the bag, I should say a word or two about Idol. Part of the show really bugs me (mostly the beginning half of the season), but I still find myself eager to watch each week. I don't think I like the changes this season. Stick with the top 24 so we can get a chance to see people more than just once. Also, get rid of Kara. Sometimes she's okay, but overall she bugs. The show has too much talking as it is. You'd think that after seven full seasons you'd could make sure you don't routinely run out of time each week. I was ticked that Adam's performance was cut short last week. And as if the show doesn't have enough drama, they add all this crap before they pick top 36 like the 'Judges' Mansion'. It's like they're trying to be like The Bachelor or something. My favorite part of the show is the top 12 (or 13). I like seeing the different genres each week. I like it when it's, say, Country Week and someone like Adam sings Ring of Fire and makes it sound nothing like a country song. He's my favorite. I really liked Jorge and wish he had been on the show longer. Same for Alexis. I like Kris and Danny, and even though she's weird, I like Allison. Lil? Gotta go. She can sing, but can't pick a good song. Anoop? Likable guy, but I don't like his taste in music. He has had some good performances though. Anyway, there ya have it. That was a lot of words.

1 comment:

Shiree said...

Alex reccomends the use of mousketools frequently, as well. "Oh, Toodles!" is a frequent refrain in our home.

Josie is also obsessed with babies. It is so cute.

I agree with most of your Idol comments, though I would get rid of Paula over Kara.

Good to see you the other day!