Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lots to say

-First and foremost, Kate can crawl! She's been crawling all week, but she doesn't do it for very long. She'll take a few "steps", then drop to her tummy and scoot, then roll to her back and start cruising (and usually bang her head into the wall because she didn't see it coming)! So the back is still her preferred method, but she's getting a little bit better every day. Good thing, because soon her hair will rub off and her head will resemble that of an old man's.
-She's also starting to talk a little more. She's been able to say da-da and ma-ma for quite a while now (though she only says ma-ma when she's crying), but she can make lots of other sounds now and she can also say Ada! She does love that sister of hers.

-Speaking of Ada, she has been a little pill lately. She likes to freak out at random moments, and hasn't been as nice to Kate as usual. I think she gets a little jealous when I focus my attention on Kate. I've been a little bit troubled about this, so Tyler had a great idea. On Tuesday night he told me to take Ada out to do something fun. At first she just wanted Daddy to take her, but we went and had fun. We went out for frozen yogurt and then went to the dollar store. I think she had fun, and I had fun just being with her. Last night was also great. Tyler watched both girls while I went to book club. It was a good night for that. I had some much-needed time away.
-Today Kate learned how to cover her eyes to play peek-a-boo. So cute!

-Ada is so funny. Here are a few recent gems:

"I better put it away so Kate doesn't joke."
"I need to eat my cereal so it doesn't get foggy."
Tyler: "I'm not dying to go walk around the mall." Ada: "Daddy, don't die!"
"Mommy, what does it mean to be angry?"
-Next week we are going to Disneyland! Ada is going to die from excitement.

-Tuesday's AI show was one of my all-time favorites. Everyone did an awesome job, with the grand finale by Adam. I can't wait to see what he comes up with every week.

-I recently gave Ada her first haircut. I straightened her hair one day and decided she really needed a trim. Well, it ended up being more than a trim, but it is still curly. Pictures are still on the camera.

-Two weekends ago I attended the best GNO with my in-laws. Tyler's mom took us to get pedicures, eat dinner, and see Wicked! It was such a fun night, and so nice of her.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow! Lots of fun things going on. I didnt know you guys were going to Disneyland!! Ada will go crazy! That is so much fun!
I think you have another smarty pants on your hands with Kate crawling and already saying mama and dada.

Emily Peterson said...

You'd rather go do Disneyland than come visit us in Kansas? I think that bunnies hopping all around my yard are a lot cooler than a few rides!

Angie said...

You really need to video her scoot. No one will ever believe you if you don't.

Joey and Nettifer said...

hello - this is lynette from the ward. i was blog hopping and found yours! your girls are so cute. have fun in disneyland! jealous!!!

Perry's said...

Wow I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting, they are sooo stinkin cute!