Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A shopping trip gone bad

Yesterday was an interesting day. The girls and I took a trip back to the Village to hang out with Rachel and her boys. We had fun, especially since her boys are the same age as our girls. After I left, I decided to stop by Old Navy in Sugarhouse because I had a really good coupon that expired soon. I got Ada a dress and found a few things in the clearance section for myself (capris for $2! Who cares if they're fuchsia?). As I was looking through a clothing rack, I heard Ada say, "I want to wear the Daisy ones." Uh-oh. I knew by "the Daisy ones" that she meant her Daisy Duck underwear, and she only wants to wear her Daisy Duck underwear when her first choice is soiled. Sure enough, her pants were wet and there was a puddle under the shopping cart. Crap. I hurried and purchased my goods and rushed to the car, grateful that I'd packed an extra pair of pants and underwear. I changed her and then realized that I'd been overcharged for my clearance items. So we trudged back to the store, got my $6.41 back, and headed back, only to discover that I did not have my keys. For the first time in my life, I had locked my keys in the car. Not a good time for that. Luckily Tyler works downtown, and luckily I still had my purse with me, so I called him to come rescue us. We had to wait for him to finish a project, so we killed time in a pet store and Jamba Juice. It is now a very humorous story, but at the time I was completely frustrated. Everything turned out as well as it could have though. Kate even fell asleep in her car seat while we were waiting. Thanks to Tyler for coming to unlock the car.

No thanks to Michigan State who decided not to show up last night. Sheesh. UNC again? Give me a break. I ended up taking 2nd place in the Squire family bracket and 3rd in the Dickson's. So close!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I am sure your fuchsia capris are hot. Gotta love the $2 Old Navy deals. Such a bummer though that you had to go through all of that for them. I am sure it was frustrating at the time. I am glad you can look back on it and laugh already. I locked Adie and me out of the house a few weeks ago. Brett works close enough and I had a phone too so he came and rescued us. Ahhh good times!