Saturday, June 14, 2008

36 weeks!

Wow, yesterday I had my 36 week doctor appointment. I can't believe I have four weeks left! I'm dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. My doctor asked if I want to be induced early, but I declined. As uncomfortable as I am, I'm in no hurry this time! I'm pretty scared to have two kids, but the other night I did start feeling excited thinking about the delivery. There's nothing like seeing your tiny baby for the first time and holding her in your arms.

I'm also worried about how Ada is going to handle a little sister. My little sister Emily is in town right now with her baby, Sally. Ada has always been a little weird around Sally and doesn't seem to care about her. She also gets really possessive and grabby, and extra sensitive. She's used to getting all the attention. Hopefully she'll get used to things soon.

Ada hasn't been sleeping too well lately. We're not sure what's wrong, because normally she's a great sleeper. It hasn't been too bad, but doesn't want to go to bed and sometimes we find her lying there awake when we thought she'd been asleep for a while. I can definitely see a link between a lack of sleep and her behavior. Luckily, she was a really good girl all day Wednesday. We went shopping with Morgan, and at night met Tyler's family at The Cheesecake Factory for Cheryce's 30th birthday. We didn't get out of there until after 9:00, but Ada was so good the whole time. We got cheesecake to go, and my Godiva chocolate cheesecake was divine! Besides that, not much has been going on this week, except that Tyler and I went back to RC Willey and purchased a washer and dryer. I'm so excited! Laundry will seem so easy once I have my own set.

4 comments:

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

WOW! 36 weeks already! Time has been flying by! Hailey is going through the same thing sleeping... hopefully it's an age thing! I am in LOVE with the Godiva chocolate cheesecake! It's a little peice of heaven!

Sabrina said...

Wow, I can't believe your new little one is almost here. Crazy! So, we were at the Cheesecake Factory on Thursday and also got the Godiva Chocolate variety. Soooo good. Funny that we missed each other by a day. I hope everything goes well the last few weeks and that Ada adjusts well to being a big sister. It sounds like it's a little tough on them, but I am sure she'll get used to it and love her new little sister.

Shannon said...

Wow, that pregancy went fast. I can't wait to see your little new one. I'm so excited that we are going to live by eachother. Our little girls can play and we can walk them together. Fun!

Shiree said...

Alex liked Josie from the start, but didn't like not having my attention. It only took a few months and now they are BEST BUDDIES! Alex is always disappointed when Josie is taking a nap (I, however, am not!)