Friday, June 27, 2008

This is it. Don't get scared now.

Well, tonight is our last night in the village. Right now the apartment looks like a big mess, but hopefully we can get the rest of the stuff packed up before the morning. We've already moved most of our stuff to the new house. It's all painted and it looks great! Ada's room is a little bright, but maybe it will look better when it's furnished and decorated.

I can't believe we're finally breaking out of this place. We've lived here about a month short of five years. I'm really excited to own a house and "move on", but it is a little sad to leave. We've really loved living here. Here are the things I'll miss:

*All the friends we've made. We've met some awesome people and we're sad to move away from them. Hopefully we can keep in touch.
*Our ward. It's been great to have a ward full of married students and people in our same situation. I'm a little nervous to move into a "real" ward.
*The playground. It's just right outside our door, and Ada has loved going out and playing. We do have a yard, but it's not that big and we don't have anything to put in it. At least there are little parks nearby.
*The area. I really love living on the east bench. The Village is like a ghetto in the middle of these nice, established neighborhoods. It's a really nice area, and I'll miss taking walks in all the old, nice neighborhoods. Too bad we'll probably never be able to afford a house over here. The only downside is that it takes forever to get to I-15.

Despite all these things, this is what I'm really looking forward to:

*LOTS of space. We don't know what to do with it all! But we can do what we want and not have to worry about breaking any rules or anything.
*A washer and dryer. I'm so excited for these (and we got a nice set). Laundry will seem like a breeze after having to haul everything downstairs and pay money to use the machines.
*A dishwasher! We've never had one in our married life. Dishes will seem like a breeze too.
*Counters and drawers in the bathrooms.
*Everything else that comes with owning a home.

Once we get all in and settled, I'll have to post pictures. We won't get internet at the house for a week, so this will be my last post for a while. Over and out.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with the move!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see more pics! It would be nice to go into labor a little early... but it would also be nice to get a few things unpacked! Good luck with the move!

Shiree said...

Julie Dastrup said the same thing about the washer and dryer when she left the village. And I know you'll LOVE the dishwasher. We got one last summer. I only lasted 3 years of marriage without one. We are going to miss you but are so excited for your new phase in life! Have fun in the "real" ward...