Monday, September 29, 2008

"A bit of a meltdown"

Yesterday was Ada's first time being naughty in the nursery. It came as a shock because although she's naughty at home every day, she's usually a saint in nursery and loves going. I was sitting in Relief Society with Kate and the nursery leader came to get me. Someone offered to hold Kate and I went out to the hall. I was sure Ada had pooped or something, but was surprised when the nursery leader said, "She's having a bit of a meltdown and took off her shoes and her skirt." Oh dear! I went to get her and her shirt was halfway off too. I took her into an empty room and after a while got her calmed down and dressed. She didn't want to go back to nursery and didn't want to go sit with Tyler, so I brought her to Relief Society with me. She was a good girl. I couldn't help but laugh about the whole situation. My family still jokes with me about a saying that originated when I was a toddler: "When Al gets mad, she gets naked!" I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Tyler must like it when you are mad, if mad leads to naked!

tysqui said...

Unfortunately she's rarely angry anymore...