Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of note



Ada is screaming in Time Out right now, so I thought I'd blog about her.

-On Thursday she peed twice in her Elmo potty! She wanted to go potty with Mommy, and this time she wanted to strip down. She usually sits for a grand total of one second and then gets up, but I made her stay. I gave her water, and soon she went. I was surprised! But I made a big deal of it and gave her candy, and she did it for Daddy when he got home. Then the whole episode with Kate happened, so our efforts were put on hold for a few days. I tried again on Monday. She sat for a long time and drank lots of water, but nothing came out. Finally she stood up with a weird look on her face and looked into the potty. She had pooped! I was shocked again! Want to know what she had to say about the whole thing? "Does it look like an 'r'?" Yes, it did indeed look like a little letter r. Nothing has happened since then and we still have lots of work to do, but she's off to a good start!
-Some of her favorite things to say lately: "Mommy, put Baby Kate down!", "Mommy, what are you doing?", "I wanna be soft to Baby Kate.", "I didn't go poop, Mommy.", and when asked her name, "A-D-A."
-Her new favorite thing is to look at words and read the letters. She knows all her uppercase letters and lots of lowercase ones. She's a little smartypants.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

She is a little smarty-pants! I hope the potty training goes well. I bought Adie a potty the other day, just to get her used to the idea. I think it will be a while until we actually get somewhere with it. I figure practicing can't hurt though (with diapers still on).

Rachelle said...

That Ada never stops amazing me. She is one smart little girl.

Kim said...

I am cracking up about the letter R comment. Too funny! What a smart girl!