Monday, September 29, 2008

Crackin' the Top Ten

For the first time since 2001, the Cougars have made it into the top ten. They're #7 in one poll and #8 in the other. I was pretty shocked, especially since they didn't even play, but I'm not complaining! Unfortunately they have to play Utah State this week, so that will make for some pretty boring ball and won't help their schedule strength. I can't wait for some tough conference play the rest of the way! Even if they ended up being the only undefeated team in the nation, I doubt they'd be given the chance to play for a national championship, but a BCS bowl would be awesome. That being said, I'm rooting for Missouri to win it all.

3 comments:

JTENMAN said...

What the...? A BYU fan that doesn't want BYU to win it all? Now this is something. Almost all BYU fans are just so stuck on their team that they can't realize that BYU hasn't played really a single good team (of course I heard someone say that Northern Iowa was one of the best Division 2-A schools in defense of strength of schedule so far...Crazy BYU fans). Why Missouri?

tysqui said...

I heard those same arguments in defense of Northern Iowa (and now they're 2-2 including a conference loss). That being said, I'm rooting for the Utes to win it all.

alisquire said...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Cougs win it all. But since that's virtually impossible due to the lovely BCS, I think it would be nice to see a fresh face like Mizzou.