Monday, September 1, 2008

Here I go again

Thanks to Kim for humoring me last week on my Monday Memory post. I guess a lot of that stuff was "had to be there". I was debating whether or not to do it again (plus it's now Tuesday), but decided to post about something I meant to a few weeks ago.

A few Saturdays ago, Tyler's mom planned a GNO where we ate dinner at Macaroni Grill, went to the movie 'Mamma Mia', and slept at a hotel. I did everything but sleep over with them. Tyler watched the girls at my parents' house so I could feed the baby between events. It was tons of fun to get away and laugh my head off. I loved the movie, and Cheryce and I even got up and danced at the end! I've seen the musical twice and it's better than the film, but they still did a great job. I loved the actors and the scenery. It was super cheesy and super funny.

Watching that movie made me think about the times I saw the play. My younger sisters and I flew out to San Francisco to spend time with our older sister Angie. It was such a fun trip. One of my favorites. 'Mamma Mia' was playing there and Angie heard it was good, so we decided to go. We had the best time! I remember running up to the theater in our skirts while a homeless man yelled, "You girls are beautiful!" I remember laughing throughout the play, and then being the first ones to stand up and dance at the end. That whole trip was the best.

The second time I saw it was here in Salt Lake City. Angie bought tickets for my whole family. It was right before I got married, and I remember crying throughout the play this time, especially during the songs 'Slipping Through My Fingers' and 'Our Last Summer'. It was still great, even though it was a lot shadier than the one in San Fran! I just love hanging with my sisters, and I'm sad that they're all gone.

Gratefully, Angie and Hyrum came to visit this weekend. They wanted to meet little Kate. It was so great to see them. I wish they lived closer. Chicago is just too far away! We had fun being with them, and they even slept over at our house Sunday night. We had fun eating frozen custard and hanging out. Angie and I tried to get pedicures yesterday but the wait was too long, so we went shopping instead! Good times were had by all.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Cute post!! That was a fun trip--Abby just wrote about it too. I wish we could see you guys more often. Kate is such a doll!

Hyrum said...

Indeed, a good time was had by all. Thanks for having us!