Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ada update


Today I broke down and took Ada to the doctor. Her cough has gotten a little bit worse, but that's not the main reason I decided to take her in. She has been inconsolable at times. It's worse than her normal fits. I don't know what to do with her when this happens, and she seems really sad. It makes me sad too! We had to wait quite a while to get called back. Ada was really good for the first half (she remembered that they had fish and she couldn't wait to go see them) but after a while she was out of control. I just had to endure the stares and wait until they finally called our name. She was mad the whole time waiting for the doctor and the whole time he was checking on her. The only thing he could really find wrong was a slight ear infection, so he gave us some antibiotics. Hopefully those will help with her cough and stuff too. Poor thing. He brought in a basket of suckers at the end and let Ada chose one. After choosing a purple one, she said, "Thank you, doctor." She hasn't been too bad since then. I hope this all stops soon, especially since Tyler is leaving tomorrow!

4 comments:

tysqui said...

Poor sweet little Ada.

Angie said...

Poor little princess.

Rachelle said...

I feel bad for poor Ada and for you Al. That is so hard to see your child sad and not know what to do to help them. I hope the antibiotics help her!

Alysia said...

It is so hard on both of you when your little kid is sick. I hope she starts feeling better soon!