Friday, March 7, 2008

Farmington, Fajitas, and Fondue


Yesterday was a fun day. Ada and I went with Rachel and Ashton to the Farmington Fairgrounds for a kid and baby clothes consignment sale. Most of the clothes were used, but there were some really great deals. For the new baby, I bought three dresses, two pairs of jeans, two shirts, and an outfit. I couldn't find many good clothes for Ada, so I just bought her some hair bows (they were new). They had lots of cute summer shoes, but none in her size. I spent a total of $27. Not too shabby!

In the evening, Morgan came over and we made fajitas and fondue. Her grandma gave her a bunch of steaks that she graciously shared, so we had fun cooking for Tyler & Jordan. I made peanut butter bars (minus the frosting) to dip in chocolate fondue, along with strawberries. Everything was delish! Ada just loves Jordan and Morgan.

Ada was good all day. At the consignment sale, I just let her hold a huge stuffed Elmo that was for sale, and she stayed in her stroller the whole time without hardly making a peep! I was very grateful. She hasn't thrown a major tantrum since those two monstrous ones earlier in the week. She still throws little ones every day, but those seem easy now! She gets the most mad when we have to come in from being outside. This is bad, but the only way I can get her to come in without making a huge fuss is to tell her I have a treat (and of course I have to hold up my end of the bargain when we come in). She's started taking long naps again, but at night lately she only wants Tyler to put her down. Also, she used to LOVE getting in the tub, but now she'll only get in if one of us gets in with her. Overall, though, she's been a pretty good girl and I just love spending time with her.

No comments: