Friday, April 11, 2008

So...

-So the Jazz had a great win at New Orleans the other night, even though they tried to give the game away in the 4th quarter. They experienced a tough loss against Dallas last night, though. D. Will was ticked afterwards. All the calls at the end seemed to go Dallas's way. The thing that actually made me the most mad was a no-call: with under a minute to go, Dirk Nowitski's (hate him!) arm came down hard on Kyle Korver while they were both going for a rebound and the ball went out of bounds off Korver. No foul was called, so Dallas got the ball back. Dallas was up by 1 at this point. It was ridiculous.
-So Memphis did give the game away on Monday night against Kansas. It looked to be all but over, but turnovers and missed free throws allowed the Jayhawks to tie the game and then win in overtime. At least my brother-in-law is happy (he goes to med. school there).
-So yesterday Ada and I went on a little adventure with some friends in the ward. They wanted to go to the cafe at the med. school for lunch(their husbands are both in med. school and the food is from The Point), so we rode the shuttle up. We accidentally got on the wrong shuttle at the beginning, so it took quite a while to get there, but we ate yummy tomato soup that was cheap. Ada loved riding on the bus and was so good the whole time (even though it cut over an hour into her nap time).
-So I also got a new 'do yesterday. My friend Haylee came over and gave me a color and cut. She's great because she used to work at Trade Secret. Now that she quit, she charges everyone about half of what was charged there, so you're getting a quality job that's cheap! I decided to get bangs because my scar makes my hairline crazy and the hair in that area doesn't cooperate. The bangs were sticking out and I couldn't tame them, so last night I cut more. They're a lot heavier now, but they seem to stay in place better. When I woke up this morning and put on my glasses, I seriously looked like Garth from 'Wayne's World'! After fixing my hair, though, it looks a lot better. I just need Haylee to even out the bangs little bit.
-So today I needed to get out, so Ada and I went to the "scary Wal-mart" (the one downtown), as people around here like to call it. I'd never been there without Tyler. I needed at few things, and I saw some twin bedding online that was available at that store. I've really been itching to start buying stuff for our house (wherever it may be). This bedding was the best deal I could find, and one of the cutest too. It's pretty close to the colors I wanted for Ada's room also. I bought some new baby bedding online last week for the new child, so we're all set in that department. I can't wait to decorate their rooms! I get so excited thinking about moving into a house!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I was thinking about getting bangs just yesterday but I am still not sure about it. I am always looking to do something new with my hair. You'll have to post a picture of the new 'do, maybe even the one of you looking like Garth ;) I am excited for you to get a house. How would that be!

Rachelle said...

I want to see a pic of your new hair too! I was way mad about that Jazz game. I thought the refs totally gave the mavs the win. Even though no one ran down to gaurd Dirk for the last shot. Boo.

Tiff-E said...

You are so funny! I can't wait to see your new hair...don't worry, we're coming back to the village...for a day, actually just to the ward...we'll see ya tomorrow! I know how you feel about being excited, I splurged on bedding for the wee ones, so I could get colors that matched...it's so fun to plan kids' rooms!!!