Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A smorgasbord of stuff

  • Well, today is a FANTASTIC day! Tyler is all done with school! I seriously can't believe it! It's been a long five years, but it's totally worth it. He has a great job that he loves and we can now look for houses! I'm so proud of all that he's accomplished. He amazes me! Ada and I left donuts (Banbury Cross--the best!) and a note in his car this morning and stuck around to say hi after he finished his test. Too bad he had to go to work.
  • So after my last pregnancy post I've felt much better. I still have moments of discomfort, but it's not nearly as bad. I guess I just had to complain about it in order for it to go away! I've noticed that drinking soda makes me feel crappy. That's not a problem, though, because I rarely drink it. My appetite was struggling for a while there too, but it seems to be back in full force now.
  • Ada just cracks me up. She says the funniest things. Some of my favorites lately are: "How 'bout THIS one?", "Ada did it! Yay Ada!", and "I like (fill in the blank) too!" (the other day she said, "I like poops too!").
  • So the Jazz...I have mixed feelings. Let's start with the last game of the season against San Antonio. I wasn't sure if I wanted them to win or not. Had they won, home court advantage would have been theirs, but they would have had to play the Spurs, who own them (and apparently the Suns too). They got demolished, so they don't get home court in the first round. They don't seem to be struggling too much with Houston (although Boozer is making me mad), but as long as they don't do anything stupid, they'll have to play the Lakers in the next round. It's funny because after the Jazz won the first two games in Houston, the guys on TNT were giving them more praise than I've probably ever heard them get. Things like, "The Jazz and the Lakers are the best two teams in the league" and "The Jazz will have a clear advantage against the Lakers since they'll have so much rest before they have to play them". It turns out that the Lakers are the ones who swept and the Jazz still have to win one more game. We'll see what happens, but I'm very nervous.
  • Thursday night was a bad one. I had trouble sleeping anyway, and then around 2:00 a.m. this loud vibrating sound started. It would go for a minute, stop, and come back. I had no idea what it was and started getting sick of it, so I woke up Tyler. He went outside and talked to some cops out there that someone had called. They didn't know what it was, but half the building was up because it was so loud. Tyler finally got a hold of maintenance, but neither of us could sleep. He called up Jordan at around 3:15 and made me go over there to sleep on his couch (he said he couldn't sleep knowing that I would be awake). So I went over and finally slept. I heard someone leave in the morning, got a little more sleep, and went home. I later called Morgan to apologize for waking them up in the middle of the night, and she was in Park City for an overnight conference! So Morgan, I hope you don't mind that I slept over at your husband's while you were gone :).

3 comments:

Shiree said...

Alison, that is shocking to spend that night at someone else's apartment! Just kidding. I am so happy for you being able to look at houses, and that you're feeling better. Hooray! (Cory used the word "smorgasbord" the other day and then asked me how to spell it...I'll have to direct him to your blog!)

Kim said...

Hooray for Tyler graduating and hooray for you feeling better! What a great day!!! :) It was so good to see ya and get some yo-cream. We need to do that more often!!!

Kim said...

Alright, Al...I'm desperate for a new post. I've checked this one about 50 times! Ha ha! Hope you had a great time on your trip!!!