Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh, the joys

Well, I guess I'm officially in my third trimester! That's good news, except for the fact that the minute I hit 28 weeks I haven't felt well. Last night I pulled out 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' and looked at the list of symptoms people may experience in the seventh month. I swear, I have almost all of them! Achiness in the lower abdomen or along the sides? Check. Heartburn, indigestion, flatulence, bloating? Check. Occasional headaches, faintness, or dizziness? Check. Nasal congestion and occasional nosebleeds? Check. Pink toothbrush from bleeding gums? Check. Leg cramps? Check. Clumsiness? Check. Continued absentmindedness? Check. These are just a few, and I fear there are more to come, like swollen ankles! This is definitely the worst I've felt this whole pregnancy (and my last pregnancy). It's been going on for almost five days and doesn't seem to be letting up. I really hope that the next 12 or so weeks aren't like this. One of the worst feelings (which has been happening for a little while but has been worse lately) is this constricted feeling in my chest, like everything inside wants to move up my throat. It's very uncomfortable! And everything seems to get worse at night when I want to sleep. No fun. Okay, enough ranting. I shouldn't complain; I know some people have it much worse than I do! I'll have to post a new tummy picture soon.

3 comments:

tysqui said...

Don't you mean double or triple-check on the flatulence?

Just kidding. I'm sorry that you've been so uncomfortable.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I am so sorry! Hopefully it will go away soon! Try taking something for reflux... it made a huge difference for me! I couldn't even drink water without feeling the same way! And the only way I selpt was on like 10 pillows! If the OTC stuff doesn't work... talk to you doctor! As far as the other discomforts.... hope they goes away soon!

Shanny said...

Oh, Al, I'm so sorry that you're so uncomfortable. I had pretty bad reflux, too. It sucked. Hopefully some of this stuff eases up soon! And then, you'll have a BABY!