Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 1/4th!


Little Kate is 3 months old today. That time has sure flown by. She's just as sweet as ever. She's almost consistently sleeping 7-8 hours each night now. So nice! My biggest complaint right now is the number of blow-outs she has. She's still on antibiotics (and will be for at least two more months), so I think that's a main contributor. She has at least one blow-out a day, which makes for lots of stained clothing. The sound of her pooping cracks me up. It could seriously be used as a sound effect for a motion picture, like for someone who's taken too many laxatives or something (gross, yes). At least I always know when to change her diaper. Here are a few tidbits about Kate:

*She loves to smile. Her smiles are the best! Her lips don't just slightly curl up; her mouth opens wide and her whole face lights up. She shrugs her shoulders and her eyes squint and move to the side. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. She loves to look at herself in the mirror and smile. Even when I suck boogers out of her nose she smiles!
*She's always kicking her legs. Ada was the same way, but I think Kate is worse. I could only find one type of socks for Ada that she couldn't kick off her feet, but Kate can't even keep those ones on.
*She's super content, especially when she's being held. She never makes a peep at church and I've held her through several other meetings without any problems. She still has her fussy times, but overall she's an angel.

She's such a good, sweet, happy child and I love her so much!

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a cute girl! You're description of her pooping totally cracks me up! Speaking of laxatives, remember "You came all the way here for that???". Good times!

T.Irwin said...

Seriously, she is so cute! What a precious smile.