Friday, October 17, 2008

Walloped

BYU looked like crap last night. TCU looked awesome. They looked better in every aspect of the game. Their receivers made the tough catches, while BYU's couldn't pull them in. Their special teams coverage was better. Obviously, TCU's D was better. They certainly prepared for the game better. I think they prepared better for the Cougars than they did for Oklahoma. They said they'd been looking forward to this game since January. JANUARY! And they said they'd bring a defense that BYU had never seen. Their preparation surely paid off.

This is what I hope happens: I hope Utah beats TCU, and then I hope the Cougars annihilate the Utes in Salt Lake City. That way, TCU won't be undefeated in conference and Utah will have their hopes especially high. TCU will be on the road against Utah, and I don't see them preparing for any other team quite like they did for the Cougars. Of course, I won't be mad if Utah loses to TCU (or any other team for that matter), but I really hate TCU and don't want to see them with an outright conference championship. Hopefully the Cougs can regroup and finish out the season on a high note.

6 comments:

JTENMAN said...

Come on. It's time for a different team to win a championship. BYU has done so the past 2 years...spread the wealth. My inner-pride was fed even more after the win though because Utah has at least gone to a BCS bowl, and BYU hasn't and won't again this year.

If Utah comes out of both TCU and BYU unbeaten (and all the other games in between) then they will deserve a BCS game. However, after last night's beat down, my hopes are greatly diminished that Utah will come out unbeaten from the conference. As long as BYU is unbeaten though, then all is well :).

alisquire said...

Yes, if BYU was unbeaten then all would be well. Unfortunately they have a loss already.

Of course Utah would deserve a BCS Bowl if they won out (btw, they have two conference championships in the last five years).

JTENMAN said...

Yeah, but I wasn't around those two years when they won. I was on my mission. So to me it doesn't seem like they have won the conference forever.

Whoever wins (Utah or not), I will be happy as long as BYU doesn't win again. :) I am just tired of all the BYU talk.

Michelle and Tony said...

AMEN my BYU lovin' friend. I totally agree with you and I am so glad that you are still a big BYU fan. It is good to know that somethings will never change. Go Cougs!

Rummage said...

Utah will lose this week and then beat TCU. It's the McBride, I mean Whittingham way.

The Cougs are down but not out. I think they still make a BCS bowl if they win out.

JTENMAN said...

I will be alright if Utah loses this week :). Make sure you let them know where and who they are playing.

Also, there is no chance that BYU will make a BCS bowl. There are too many other one loss teams that have much tougher schedules. Sorry to bust your bubble.