Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Presenting...

My list of Things That Must Go. (I hope nobody takes offense to any of these. Just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, ya know?)

1. Dogs. I know everyone and their dog (hee hee) loves dogs, but I've never been a fan. I was terrified of them when I was little, and one chased me around the block once while my family watched laughing. Since we've moved to this house, I've especially been bugged by dogs. The previous owners had a dog, and even though we got the carpets cleaned before moving in, I still find dog hair! Gross. Also, two of the houses behind us have dogs and I get sick of hearing them bark at inconvenient hours. Although last night we were entertained by one of them squeezing under the fence to go play with the other one.

2. Trying to force little kids to use their right hand when they show signs of being left-handed. I'm a lefty, so this really bugs me. Just let the poor kids do what's natural.

3. Pluralizing words with an apostrophe in front of the 's'. Drives me nuts!

4. Separating one-word names into two. Ex.: Cold play, Radio head

5. Heat vents right below sinks. I'll probably be changing my tune in winter when the heat is on, but my feet are always freezing because I can't wash my hands or do the dishes without my feet being blasted with cold air.

6. The BCS.

That is all.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I completely disagree with #1 and I am totally offended :) No, I understand why some people don't like dogs, but I LOVE them! I completely agree with you on 3 and 6 though.

tysqui said...

I'm totally with you on numbers 1 and 6. Yesterday before mowing the lawn I had to clean up 5 piles of dog sh** on our front lawn. If you've got a dog, clean up after him, even when he poops in your neighbors yard. I don't want my trash can smelling like crap so I pick the crap up with the shovel and fling the crap straight at the dog owner's houses (hoping to get it to smear on the windows). This gives a strange sense of satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the dog thing. Although, I don't hate them, I would NEVER want one in my house, and I hate when people talk about their dogs like they are their children. It's so annoying. You see on some blogs "This is our first child, Rover, and our second child, David." Dumb. Sorry if I just offended y'all. I just decided that maybe I will keep this one anon.

Rachelle said...

You should sumbit these to Radio From Hell! I am totally with you on #1. I have never been a fan of dogs and quite frankly, I despise them. Also thank you to the previous post who called out the people who think their animals are there kids. **News Flash** They are not your kids and its annoying! I can think of someone who quite frequently does #2.....

Shanny said...

I hate dogs, too. I'll admit, it's because I'm scared of them. All the barking and jumping up on you, I feel like they are going to bite me at any moment. And they stink. As long as they are at someone else's house, a safe distance away, and there is a fence or leash involved, I'm ok.