Friday, October 24, 2008

The single life

Well, it's just been me & the girls all week. No, Tyler's not out of town; he's just been leaving for work before 7:00 a.m. every day and returning home at almost 11:00 p.m. I've seen him for maybe a 1/2 hour every night. Tomorrow he has to take a Fundamentals of Engineering exam and he's been studying like crazy. Most of the stuff is new to him, so he's had a lot to learn. He'll be gone all day tomorrow taking the test, and then I'll finally have my husband back! The only reason that Ada has seen him at all this week is because the last three nights when Tyler's gone in to kiss her goodnight, she's still been awake. Little rascal! Being alone means I have to be the one to kill spiders, I have no help wrestling Ada to the ground to force her pajamas & diapers on, and I have nobody to watch the World Series with! But I can't complain because I know Tyler's had it a million times harder. At least he's taking a little time off tonight to go to a Halloween party. Good luck, sweetie!

2 comments:

Vivian said...

it stinks, doesn't it. with jake and my schedules, this is our life. we see each other only for 1/2 hour to an hour on weekdays. I feel your pain.

Rachelle said...

That stinks. I hate the single life...A girls got to have back-up for wrestling the kids. At least it will be over after today and hopefully all that studying pays off! I LOVED your costumes last night!!!