Monday, January 7, 2008

Best of 2007

I thought it would be fun to think back on the best of the best from last year. Here goes nothing...

Best Movie: Since I hardly saw any movies, I'll go with the only one I've seen in a theater since before Ada was born: Becoming Jane. I love Jane Austen, and although this was very sad, it was fun to see what her life was actually like.

Best Album: Probably the only one I purchased all year (and we actually downloaded it): In Rainbows by Radiohead. It's similar to their more recent work, but it has some great mellow songs.

Best Book: The best book I read all year wasn't new, but it was so good: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I absolutely loved it. It's about a German girl living with foster parents during WWII. One thing that makes it interesting is that it's narrated by Death. I immediately fell in love with the characters and once I got into it, I didn't want to put it down. I was bawling at the end.

Best Purchase: On December 31 I bought a tan, wool skirt at Banana Republic. It was regularly $78, but I paid $28! Too bad I can't afford anything else in that place. Thank goodness for the outlet!

Best Sports Moment: Even though BYU beating Utah and UCLA were pretty exciting, I'm going to have to say the first two rounds of the playoffs for the Jazz. Game 7 against the Rockets was fantastic, and there was something to talk about after every game against the Warriors. Those were some fun times.

Best News
: The upcoming arrival of Baby #2!

Best Vacation: Probably our national park trip, but we loved Las Vegas and Austin.

Best Moments: Ada's first birthday, Ada learning to walk, Jazz games, our date to the Homecoming Dance, and being with all of our family members for Christmas.

2007 was a great year, but 2008 looks to be even better with Tyler graduating and a new baby coming!

No comments: