Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Jolly, Happy Soul


Ada has found a new obsession. Besides her beloved Elmo and Cookie, her favorite toy right now is her 'nano'. It's this snowman decoration that Tyler's mom gave us a while ago. It's made of Styrofoam and felt and it's almost as big as Ada is. She actually snapped the thing in half, but because the felt is surrounding the Styrofoam, it's still in one piece. Tyler and I aren't very fond of it, but Ada sure is!

The other day we bought her some princess shoes from the dollar bin at Target. She loves dressing up, and she had fun walking around the apartment in them. When she was finished, she wanted me to put them on the 'nano'. After telling her several times that he doesn't have feet, I finally put them on the ground and placed him on top of them. She then went into her room saying, "Coat! Coat!" I grabbed her coat, thinking she wanted to wear it, but she, of course, wanted me to put it on the snowman. I had to take a picture. It was then nap time, but Ada wouldn't let me read to her or anything. The only thing that would satisfy her was to put her snowman in bed with her. What a silly girl. It's so funny to watch her drag it around the house. I almost put it away with all the Christmas decorations, but it's one thing that makes Ada a very happy girl.

3 comments:

tysqui said...

It's her best friend. Better than an imaginary one though, right?

Kim said...

That is hilarious! What a funny girl!!! Maybe you could swap it with the giant monkey you used to have! :)

Rachelle said...

Al that is seriously hilarious. I am sitting here in training and everyone thinks I'm a crazy person now cuz I just cracked up aloud.