Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Noteworthy

*Ada is 18 months old today! She is growing up way too fast. Some funny things about her lately:

-We took her to JC Penney yesterday for some pictures. I knew it would be a struggle since she's now a walker, and it was to some extent. But there were lots of great pictures of her. Unfortunately, we have to wait 10 days to pick them up. We went there because they're much cheaper than Kiddie Kandids, but we ended up spending more than we would have there! But we got tons of pictures. They'll be e-mailed out soon, so I'll have to post them as soon as they come.
-She is learning her colors so well. She knows yellow, blue, red, green, orange, purple, pink, black, and white. She still likes to call everything yellow sometimes, but she's doing a good job.
-She pooped in the tub a few nights ago for the first time. Not a pleasant experience.

*We went to IKEA last night. We got a desk lamp w/ light bulb, a floor mat, 42 scented tea lights, a shoe horn that looks like a cane (for my parents), a duster, an ice tray that makes star-shaped ice, and five canvas CD holders, and we only spent $25! Okay, we did spend almost half that much on food too, but we did get a nice, big bag of meatballs!

*My mother actually got a job. This was very surprising to us, since she has been unemployed for around 33 years. She's working at the elementary school for 3 1/2 hours every morning in the Title 1 program. She helps kids with reading and other subjects they're struggling with. It will be very good for her.

*I made another amazing purchase this week. I bought some trouser jeans from The Gap for $15! Now isn't the best time for me to buy pants, but I've been wanting some in that style, and I couldn't pass up that price! The only problem with Gap pants is that they're always too big in the hips. That's what I get for having no curves I guess.

*Tyler is doing a great job with his weight loss endeavors. He's already lost almost half of what his goal is! I'm having a tough time helping him out, though. My sweet tooth makes things difficult. We were bad and had sticky buns for breakfast yesterday. I'd say that he's helping me more than I am him. I'm hoping to gain less weight this pregnancy than I did with Ada, so this is a good thing for both of us.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Dang...I need to take you shopping with me! :) I love Ikea, too! Mmmm...that's a good meatball!