Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lewis, save yourself the pain


Whose belly is larger? I am 14 1/2 weeks preggo. Ada is...well, Ada. The poor child has inherited her mother's gut. According to all my family members, Ada has the same physique (and temperament, for that matter) as I had at her age: a tiny body with a large gut. Unfortunately, my gut never quite went away when I got older. People don't believe me, but ask anyone in my family or any of my friends. Lewis is here to stay. Lewis is what I named my gut. It came as an inspiration to my friend Sabrina while listening to Radiohead one day. After I had Ada, I lost all my 50 pounds of pregnancy weight, but Lewis was a little bit more prominent than normal. Now that I'm expecting a second child, he's growing at a much faster rate than he did the first time around. I fear that when I'm done having kids, I'll look like a perma-preggo. Does anyone know of any good deals on lipo?

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Ahhh, Lewis! Remember when we stopped in Yellowstone so you could take a pic of yourself next to Lewis Lake? Good times!

Angie said...

No, but I'm hoping to buddy up with some plastic surgeons in the coming years. Maybe we can get a family discount?

Alysia said...

It is fun to see you looking a little pregnant. How exciting! I think it is hillarious that you named your gut..(if you can call it that!)
It is funny that Ada likes that snowman. Ellie decided that ours was prince eric from The Little Mermaid and played with it a ton too!

Tiff-E said...

Alison, that is hilarious! I love your tiny little belly, mine is just round, yours at least looks pregnant! I think it's hilarious too how the little girls (Kaylie included), have tiny little arms and legs, and this mongo bulge of a tummy! It's so funny!

Shannon said...

What a cute pregnant tummy. It looks a bit like mine. I hear the first pregancy you don't show as early. I can't wait to hear what you're having.