Monday, January 28, 2008

What a day!

Yesterday was one of the busiest days I've had in a long time. Apparently Sunday isn't supposed to be a day of rest when it comes to being at church. Actually, the whole week leading up to yesterday was pretty busy. Ada had an appointment for pictures, I had a hair appointment, I had Book Club, Ada had a doctor's appointment (and I have to go back this week so she can get ANOTHER shot because they were all out of one of them), I went to a Women's Conference with Sherri Dew (I didn't go with her, she was the speaker), and I helped host a baby shower. I was also doing things throughout the week to prepare for Sunday. So the big day finally came. In the morning, I went to Sacrament Meeting at Primary Children's Medical Center to accompany someone in a musical number. It just so happened that Elder Dallin H. Oaks was in the audience, so we were pretty nervous! But all went well. Then I had to go to church early, as usual, to practice the organ and play prelude. Being the Ward Organist isn't always fun, but someone's gotta do it! Tyler and I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting, so I was running back and forth from the organ to the stand. Ada sat with Jordan and Morgan, and was a very good girl! As soon as Sacrament Meeting ended, I had to rush to Primary to fill in as the pianist. Then right after church we went to Layton to eat with Tyler's family. Ada went to Nursery, so she didn't get a nap. She slept for about a half-hour in the car, but that certainly wasn't enough because she was fussy all night and most of the morning. Sundays are tricky for us. But everything turned out well and I'm glad it's all over.

We received the sobering news about Pres. Hinckley on the way home. I was sad because I felt almost like I'd lost a good friend, even though I've never met him. I will definitely miss him. I'm anxious to see what it's like with Pres. Monson as the new prophet.

No comments: